for the indian dinner on friday we had
- mango chutney, coriander chutney and papadum as starters
- rice and paratha (from madhur jaffrey’s book “indisch kochen“)
- zucchini kootu
- once again the bombay curry
- channa raita (this is raita with chickpeas and garam masala)
- and what i made the paneer for: methi-palak paneer – unfortunately without methi leaves. and i guess the addition of ground fennugreek seeds to the dry masala is no substitute at all.
my spice rack is now stacked with many new items. so far i did not even know that there is such a thing as curry leaves! i also used tamarind for the first time.
i don’t have pictures from the final dishes, as i didn’t want to bother our guests with extensive photo shooting. i’ll post recipes later.
and of course, such a feast comes at a price.